8. Sınıf Meb İngilizce 9. Ünite Science Cevapları
8. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 9. Ünite Science Sayfa 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118 Soruları ve Cevaplarını yazımızın devamından okuyabilirsiniz.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 108 Cevapları
Match the fields of science with well-known people. Share them with your classmates.
Fatih Sultan Mehmet --> Mechanical Engineering
Mustafa Kemal Atatürk --> Geometry
Louis Pasteur --> Medicine
Nikola Tesla --> Electrical Engineering
Listen to the recording. Tick (✔) what they invented/ discovered.
1 microbe --> Akşemseddin
2 rabies vaccine --> Louis Pasteur
3 laws of gravity --> Edward Jenner
4 catgut --> Ez-Zehravi
5 smallpox vaccination --> Edward Jenner
Look at the inventions. Share your ideas about these scientific achievements. Which one/ ones changed the world the most?
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 109 Cevapları
Tick (✔) the scientists you know.
(✔) Oktay Sinanoğlu, Halil İnalcık, Cahit Arf
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 110 Cevapları
Study the sentences in the boxes. Work in pairs. Add one more sentence in each box.
Describing the Actions Happening Currently --> I am designing a robot for my school project.
Talking about Past Events --> Isaac Newton found the laws of gravity.
Study the words in the boxes.
Work in pairs. Discuss scientific achievements. Act it out in the class.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 111 Cevapları
Answer the following questions.
1 What does inventor mean? A person who invented something.
2 Who are the inventors you know? Thomas Edison Isaac Newton.
3 Who are the women inventors you know? Marie Curie.
Listen to the recording. Circle the correct words.
Josephine Cochrane: Dishwasher --> rich, broke, designed.
Dr. Grace Hopper: IBM Harvard Mark 1 --> known, awards.
Rachel Zimmerman Brachman: “Blissymbol’’ Software --> 12, communication
Dr. Patricia Bath: Laserphaco Probe --> device, quickly, internationally
Work in pairs. Talk about scientific actions happening currently and in the past.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 112 Cevapları
How do you follow scientific developments. Tick (✔) your answers
(✔) The Internet, News
Read the texts again. Complete the sentences.
1 Ş. Sude Kahraman came second in the competition of “Geleceğin Mucitleri”.
2 Bass Ton is a stick with a system of electronic chips.
3 The stick makes the lives of sight-disabled people easier.
4 Efe İnan developed stable wheel chair.
5 This machine has six motors and one battery.
6 His invention is useful for pareplegic people.
What are the current scientific actions/ achievements you know? Share them with your classmates
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 113 Cevapları
Tick (✔) the sentences you like doing about science.
(✔) 1 watching science videos.
2 reading science magazines.
(✔) 3 creating devices to make my daily life easier.
(✔) 4 doing experiements in labs.
(✔) 5 observing scientific actions.
6 visiting science museums.
(✔) 7 modeling science achievements.
8 going to libraries to find out information about science.
(✔) 9 following scientific achievements.
10 searching about scientists.
(✔) 11 discussing about scientific achievements with my friends.
(✔) 12 evaluating scientific results.
(✔) 13 examining cells under the microscobe.
(✔) 14 explaining cause and effect relationship.
Share the results in the classroom.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 114 Cevapları
Keep expanding your visual dictionary by including new vocabulary items from this unit.
Do Your Best!
Prepare a poster about scientific inventions/ discoveries as in the sample.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 115 Cevapları
1- Match the words with the pictures. (There are two extra words.)
1- cell 2- DNA 3- fossil 4- high-tech devices 5- test tubes 6- lab
2- Find the missing letters.
3- Read the texts. Find odd sentence for each text.
Cevap : C
4- Match the halves to make a phrase.(There is one extra word.)
1 do --> (d) an experiment
2 space --> (e) travel
3 invent --> () water screw
4 scientific --> (b) achievements
5 get --> (f) a prize
6 find --> (g) new fossils
7 work --> (a) in a lab
8 explore --> (c) solar gravity
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 116 Cevapları
Solve the puzzle.
Listen to the recording and complete the sentences with with a word or phrase.
1. Especially teenagers are using high-tech devices like smartphones.
2. Doctors are trying to find a cure for cancer.
3. The chemist is heating the test tubes
4. Scientists do experiments on cells in labs.
5. Cells are the smallest units of living structures.
6. A. Einstein is a well-known genius.
7. Edward Jenner is famous for the discovery of the smallpox vaccination.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 117 Cevapları
Match the pictures with the speech bubbles.(There are two extra pictures.)
(e) 1- I’m taking notes of the experiment results.
(f) 2- I’m operating the machine.
(b) 3- I’m viewing some soil samples under the microscope.
(c) 4- I’m doing a research on the Internet for my science project.
(a) 5- I’m looking for some fossils in the excavation area.
(g) 6- I’m looking into the sky through a telescope.
Put the words/ phrases into the correct order.
1. is / the dishwasher / Josephine Cochrane / The inventor of / . The inventor of the dishwasher is Josephine Cochrane
2. the law / discovered / Isaac Newton / of gravity / . Isaac Newton discovered the law of gravity.
3. Akşemseddin / microbe / The discovery of / belongs to / .The discovery of microbe belongs to Akşemseddin.
4. inventor / is / Rachel Zimmerman Brachman / The Blyssymbol Software's / . The Blyssymbol Software's inventor is Rachel Zimmerman Brachman.
5. inventor / Havan ball gun’s / Fatih Sultan Mehmet / is / . Havan ball gun’s inventor is Fatih Sultan Mehmet.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 9. Ünite Sayfa 118 Cevapları
Read the texts. Answer the following questions.
1. When was Oktay Sinanoğlu born?
2. Where was he born?
3. When did he become a professor?
4. What is he called all around the world?
5. Did he have any studies on Turkish language?
6. When did he die?
1. When did Stephen William Hawking die?
2. What was his nationality?
3. What were his professions?
4. What is ALS?
5. Did he give up his researches?
6. Did he have any honorary degrees?