9. Sınıf Meb İngilizce Ders Kitabı 8. Ünite Emergency and Health Problems Cevapları
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 8. Ünite Emergency and Health Problems Sayfa 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 Soruları ve Cevaplarını haberimizin devamından okuyabilirsiniz.
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 98 Cevabı
1 a. Match the phrases with the pictures.
1. I 2. G 3. A 4. J 5. C
6. B 7. D 8. H 9. E 10. F
b. Ask and answer as in the example.
Bu kısımda bazı örnekler vereceğim. Kalanları örneklerdeki gibi tamamlayınız.
A: Have you ever sprained your ankle?
B: Yes, I have.
A: Have you ever cut your finger?
B: Yes, I have.
A: Have you ever had a rash on your hand?
B: No, I haven't.
A: Have you ever had a nosebleed?
B: No, I haven't.
A: Have you ever had a fever?
B: Yes, I have.
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 99 Cevabı
2. Tick the things you do when you have the flu.
Soğuk aldığınızda aşağıdakilerden yaptığınız şeyleri işaretleyin.
Örn: drinking herbal tea √
staying in bed √
breathing in steam √
3 T:50 Listen to the dialogue between the doctor and Anita. Who says these sentences? Write “D” for the doctor and “A” for Anita.
1. D 2. A 3. A 4. A 5. D 6. D 7. A
4 T:51 Look at the sentences below and listen to the dialogue again. Which of them are the doctor’s advice for Anita?
You should stay in bed.
You shouldn’t go to school.
You had better take lots of liquid.
5. Look at the problems and advice boxes below. Fill in the dialogues using the phrases from the boxes. Make necessary changes as in the example.
1. had a backache / see a doctor
2. cut my finger / put a plaster on it
3. sprained my ankle / put an ice pack
6. Work in pairs. Prepare a dialogue as in exercise 5 and act it out. Use the problems in exercise 1.
A: What’s wrong with you?
B: I’ve sprained my ankle yesterday. What should I do?
A: You should put an ice pack.
A: Are you OK?
B: I’ve had a backache since the morning.
A: You should see a doctor.
A: What’s the matter?
B: I’ve just cut my finger . What should I do?
A: You should put a plaster on it .
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 100 Cevabı
1. Brainstorm the health problems of teenagers
Teenage health problems: asthma, diabetes, eating disorders, acne, sleeping disorders, sports injuries.
2. Answer the following questions.
Siz de bu sorulara kendi cevaplarınızı vermelisiniz. Örnek olması açısından ben kendi cevaplarımı yazdım.
1. Who do you ask for advice when you have a health problem?
I ask to my mother first and search about it on the Net. If it doesn't go away, I go to a doctor.
2. Have you ever written to a health column to get advice?
No, I haven't.
3. Read the column in Teen World magazine. What is it mainly about? Choose the correct option.
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 101 Cevabı
4 .Read the letters again and write who says these sentences, Alison or Will.
1. Alison 2. Will 3. Alison 4. Alison 5. Will 6. Will 7. Alison
5. Read Teen World’s advice and write what Alison and Will should / shouldn’t do.
Alison should keep up with her diet programme.
She shouldn’t eat junk food.
She should learn to manage her time.
She should walk round a park near her house.
She should be positive about herself and enjoy the way she looks.
Will should be patient.
He should only use his own medicine.
He should keep his hands away from his face.
He shouldn’t let acne control his life.
He should love himself and try to have fun as a teenager.
6. Complete the sentences with the highlighted words in the health column.
1. nutritionist 2. heal 3. consult
4. prescription 5. dermatologist 6. killing
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 102 Cevabı
7.a. Choose one of the teenage health problems in exercise 1. Write a letter to a health column asking for help. Take Will and Alison’s letters as a model.
Bu kısımda siz de bir tane teenage problem seçip onun hakkında yazı yazmalısınız. Örnek olarak ben bir tane yazacağım. Kalanlardan siz de seçip, yazınız.
I am 17 years old. I am writing here because I want to get some pieces of advice about my sleeping disorder problem. I am going to bed around 11 pm but I cannot sleep till 2-3 am in the morning. I have tried counting sheeps. I have to wake up early to go to school. When I am at school, I am always sleepy and tired. I don't know what to do.
What do you think I should do?
b. Swap your books. Read your partner’s letter and give advice using the expressions in the box.
Arkadaşınızın verdiği cevaba göre siz de bazı önerilerde bulunmalısınız. Uyku bozukluğu problemi için ben önerileri yazacağım. Siz de benzer kalıpları kullanabilirsiniz.
You shouldn't eat late.
You should drink milk before go to bed.
You should drink some herbal tea.
You shouldn't think about problems.
You should try meditation.
You should see a doctor.
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 103 Cevabı
1. Read the questions and choose the correct option.
1. b 2. a 3. c 4. b
2. Read the leaflet. What should you do after you’ve prepared your first aid kit?
You should keep your first aid kit within easy reach.
You should store the contents of the first aid kit at room temperature.
You should check the contents regularly and replace missing items or medicines.
You should check the expiration dates of the contents.
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 104 Cevabı
1. Match the phone numbers of the emergency services in Turkey with the photos.
1. C 2.B 3. A
2. Search the Net for the emergency service numbers in the UK, the USA and EU countries.
The UK – 999
The USA – 911
EU countries – 112
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 105 Cevabı
5. Match the emergency situations with the appropriate help.
1. c 2. a 3. b
6 T:52 Listen to the telephone conversations between the callers and emergency call operators. Choose the correct picture for each dialogue.
1. b 2. a 3. a
7. T:53 Listen to the dialogues again. Who says these sentences? Write “C” for the caller and “O” for the operator.
1. O 2. O 3. C 4. O 5. C 6. C
8 a. Work in pairs. Put the sentences in the correct order to make a dialogue.
(1) Operator : Ambulance service. What’s your emergency?
(2) Caller : My little daughter has just fallen off her bike. She has a terrible pain in her right leg and she can’t move.
(3) Operator : Don’t let your daughter move. What’s your location?
(4) Caller : Bryan Park, 6th Avenue.
(5) Operator : Help is on the way. Don’t panic.
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 106 Cevabı
1. Here are some club rules in Edgewood High School. Match the clubs with their rules.
1. c 2. d 3. a 4. b
2.Look at the pool rules of the swimming club in Edgewood High School. Make sentences as in the example.
You mustn’t engage in rough play.
You must shower before entering the pool.
You mustn’t bring food or drinks.
You mustn’t run in the pool area.
You must remove any jewellery before entering the pool.
3 a. Look at the equipment and match them with the suitable clubs in Edgewood High School.
1. D 2. E 3. A 4. B 5. C
b. Work in pairs. Make a dialogue using the equipment given for the clubs as in the example.
Birkaç tanesini örnek olarak sizin için yazdım. Sizde kalanları benzer şekilde tamamlayınız.
Student: What do I have to bring with me to the Iceskating Club?
Instructor: You have to bring a helmet and shin pads. You don’t have to bring your own skates. You can use the ones in the club.
Student: What do I have to bring with me to the Gastronomy Club?
Instructor: You have to bring a cook’s cap and an apron . You don’t have to bring pots and pans. You can use the ones in the club.
Student: What do I have to bring with me to the Science Club?
Instructor: You have to bring a lab coat and goggles.
4. Answer the questions.
Ben birkaç tane örnek cevap yazdım. Siz de kendi cevaplarınızı yazınız.
1. Do you have a club in your school which is responsible for fire safety?
Yes, we have.
2. What is the name of it?
3. Who are the members of this club?
Students from different classes.
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 107 Cevabı
5. The Fire Busters Club in Edgewood School prepared a leaflet about fire safety. Read the leaflet quickly and choose the best title.
b. Be Fire Safe
6. Read the fire safety leaflet and complete the sentences with the highlighted phrases.
1. smoke detector 2. electrical items 3. escape routes
4. fire drills. 5. Fire Department
7. Read the leaflet again and choose the right option.
1. c 2. a 3. b
9. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 108 Cevabı
8. Prepare a poster about safety and health at school / home / work. Choose one of the following topics. Add more if you want.
Safety precautions have vital impact on our lives. We should take safety precautions in order to stay in safe in home, work or school. What type of precautions we can take ? For instance, we can prepare earthquake emergency kit in our home to preserve ourselves from starvation.
Moreover, one other circumstance that we can take preventative measurements is bike safety. In order to prevent yourself from injuries during the accidents the rider should wear bike helmet absolutely. The bike should exactly have a bell or horn. By this way, you can warn the other driver in case of emergency. Furthermore, the rider should use headlights if the bike is used at nights. Otherwise, the rider will not be able to see road and the others will not be able to see the bike too. As long as a rider take these measurements, it will be enough to keep him away from injuries or crashes.
People of all ages are in danger of falls at everywhere. These falls can lead to fractures, lacerations, internal bleeding and etc. Therefore, people should be aware of these probabilities. There are some ways that can keep you away from the falls. Wearing low-heeled shoes do not let you loose your footing. People should keep away from walking with socks or stockings. As soon as you can not provide your balance, you should use a cane or walker. These safety precautions can prevent you from the falls.