10. Sınıf Gizem İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı 4. Ünite Traditions Cevapları
10. Sınıf Gizem Yayıncılık İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı 4. Ünite Traditions Sayfa 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 Cevaplarını yazımızın devamından okuyabilirsiniz.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 28 Cevapları
A. Read the following phrases. Match them with the pictures.
1. f (greet with a bow)
2. a (shake hands)
3. d (make eye contact)
4. c (blow your nose)
5. b (kiss on the cheek)
6. e (eat with chopsticks)
B. Read the questions below and tick (√) the correct column.
1. Do you think it’s easy to eat with chopsticks?
2. Do you think it’s impolite to blow your nose loudly in public?
3. Do you shake hands with your friends when you greet them?
4. Do you kiss your parents on the cheek when you greet them?
5. Do you bow when you greet your teachers?
6. Do you make eye contact while you’re talking to someone?
C. Work in pairs. Look at activity B again. Ask and answer in turn.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 29 Cevapları
D. Listen and complete the chart. (Audio 4.6)
2. blow your nose
3. eye contact
4. Shake hands
5. under the table
6. (your) chopsticks
7. make noise
8. Take off your shoes
E. Work with your partner. Look at the chart again. Take turns to talk about the traditions. Start as follows.
- When you’re in Japan, you should bow when you greet someone. You shouldn’t blow your nose loudly in public.
- When you’re in China, you should greet the oldest people first but you shouldn’t make eye contact with them
- When you’re in France, you should shake hands when you meet someone on business, but you can kiss your friends on the cheek when you greet them. You shouldn’t keep your hands under the table when you’re at a restaurant. You should always keep both hands on or above the table.
- When you’re in South Korea, you should use your chopsticks correctly when you eat out. And you shouldn’t make noise on a bus or train. You should be quiet there.
- When you’re in Thailand, you should take off your shoes before you walk into someone’s home, a temple or a school room. And you shouldn’t touch anyone on the head.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 30 Cevapları
K. Look at the list. Which ones are the inventions of the 20th and 21st centuries? Tick (√) them.
|(√) light bulb
|(√) personal computer (√) Internet|
(√ ) fridge
|(√) mobile phone
(√) washing machine
L. Look at the modern inventions above and compare the lives of people in the past with the lives of people today. Make sentences as in the examples.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the automobile so they used to go everywhere on foot.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the aeroplane so they used to waste too much time on the way when they went somewhere.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the television so they didn’t use to watch TV programs.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the radio so they didn’t use to listen to radio programs.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the personal computer so they didn’t use to play computer games/ save important documents/ make difficult calculations easily.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the Internet so they didn’t use to surf on the Internet/ shop online/ chat online/ use social networking sites/ download files/ play online games/ upload photos/ watch videos/ browse information.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the e-mail so they didn’t use to send e-mails.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the mobile phone so they didn’t use to phone their families or friends whenever they want/ take photos/ listen to music everywhere.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the fridge so they used to keep their food fresh only for a short time.
- In the past, people didn’t use to have the washing machine so they used to wash their clothes by hand.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 31 Cevapları
M. Read the following text and write a good title for it.
The Ahi Foundation
N. Answer these questions according to the text above.
1. When did the Ahi Foundation start in Anatolia? It started in Anatolia in the 13th century.
2. Who founded the “Ahi-order”? Ahi Evran founded the “Ahi-order”.
3. Where was this person born? He was born in Azerbaijan.
4. When did he die? He died in 1261.
5. Did Ahi Evran use to tell the members of the Ahi Foundation to cheat people? No, he didn’t.
6. Did the Ahi Foundation use to act as a school? Yes, it did.
7. Did an Ahi person use to have an occupation? Yes, he did.
8. When do people celebrate the Ahi-order, Craftsmen and Merchants Festival? They celebrate it in the third week of September every year.
9. Where do they celebrate the festival? They celebrate the festival in Kırşehir.
10. Why do they celebrate it? They celebrate it in order to keep the Ahi Foundation’s values alive.
10. Sınıf İngilizce Çalışma Kitabı Sayfa 32 Cevapları
O. Read the text again. Circle the characteristics that an Ahi person used to have.
- honest – generous – tolerant – respectful
- modest – helpful – just
P. Find these words in the text in activity M. Then read the definitions (1-4) and fill in the gaps with the correct words.
Q. Look at activity P again. Use the correct words to complete the following sentences.
R. Read the extract from a history textbook. Complete the sentences with the correct information.
- the Ottoman Sultans
- The rich
- education and medical services
- fountains, bridges, mosques, markets, inns, roads and so on