8. Sınıf Meb İngilizce 8. Ünite Chores Cevapları
8. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 8. Ünite Chores Sayfa 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106 Soruları ve Cevaplarını yazımızın devamından okuyabilirsiniz.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 96 Cevapları
Match the halves and make phrases. Share them with your classmates.
1 clean up --> f the house
2 do --> d the chores
3 load/ empty --> a the dishwasher
4 make --> b the bed
5 set --> e the table
6 take out --> g the garbage/ trash
7 wash/ dry --> c the dishes
Listen to the recording. Circle the correct words/ phrases.
1. Burak is responsible for cooking dinner / setting the table.
2. Burak’s wife İlknur always washes the dishes / does laundry at the weekends.
3. Binnur always irons / cleans up the house.
4. Binnur’s husband is responsible for emptying the dishwasher / taking out the trash.
5. Levent likes vacuuming the floor / ironing.
6. Rebecca and his brother make their beds / do chores every morning.
What are your obligations? Which obligations do you like/ dislike doing? Share them with your classmates.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 97 Cevapları
Scan Hülya’s diary. Answer the following questions.
1 What is the name of the Feast? Sacrifice Feast
2 How many people are there in Hülya’s family? Thera are five people
3 What is the date of the festival? 20th August Monday.
Read Hülya’s diary. Compare the preparations in Hülya’s house with the ones in your house.
Read the diary again. Choose the correct answers.
1 Ege is responsible for doing outdoor tasks. a Hülya b Ege c Huriye
2 Feeding the cat is Ayşe’s responsibility. a Huriye b Hülya c Ayşe
3 Hüseyin prepares the dishes at home. a Huriye b Ayşe c Hüseyin
4 Taking care of the little sister is Hülya’s duty. a Hülya b Huriye c Ege
5 Hayriye is responsible for doing the ironing. a Hüseyin b Huriye c Hülya
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 98 Cevapları
Study the sentences in the boxes. Work in pairs. Add one more example in each box.
Expressing Responsibilities --> I always wash the dishes.
Expressing Obligation --> We must work together on chores.
Expressing Likes and Dislikes --> I Don't like when I have too many tasks.
School Rules --> Don't fight with your friends.
Library Rules --> Don't harm the books.
Work in pairs. Read the dialogue and act out your own dialogue in the classroom.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 99 Cevapları
Tick (✔) the chores you like doing.
(✔) doing shopping, cooking, taking out the garbage
Listen to the recording. Fill in the blanks with the words/ phrases in the box.
1- ironnig 2- washing the dishes 3- cooking 4- 5- vacuuing 6- mopping 7- dust the shelves 8- do grocery shopping.
Suppose that you live in a flat with one of your classmates. Share your responsibilities by expressing your dislikes and feelings.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 100 Cevapları
Work in pairs. Brainstorm about your responsibilities at your school. Fill in the mind map with your ideas.
Responsibilities at your school
- Keep quiet
- Keep your desk clean
- Respect your teacher
- Don't fng with your friends.
Read the journal entry. Who cleans classrooms in Japan?
Read the journal entry again. Answer the following questions.
1 Why do Japanese students clean their school on their own? It is an old school tradtion
2 Why is students’ cleaning task at their schools important? They think it is very important for moral responsibility.
3 What do Japanese students wear instead of shoes at their schools? They wear slippers.
4 What happens if a student leaves a rubbish in the classroom? They student on duty warns him/her.
5 How does being responsible affect the character? In time these responsibitilies become habir and gets students ready for the real world.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 101 Cevapları
Put the letters into the correct order. Complete the poem.
Everybody Has Duties
1- brother 2- happily 3- helps 4- making 5- feeding 6- dishwasher 7- family 8- dusting 9- returning 10- homework 11- chores
Listen and check the poem.
Write a short poem about your feelings and responsibilities. Read your poem in the class.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 103 Cevapları
1- Circle the correct words/ phrases.
1 My brother likes washing / watering the plants every weekend.
2 I mustn’t forget to take out / hang on the trash.
3 My little sister dusts / mops the shelves.
4 Tidying up / loading the toys is a good responsibility for the children.
5 I usually make / set the table because I like decorating it.
2- Look at the chart. Write “T” or “F” in brackets
(F) 1 Dorothy is responsible for the dog.
(F) 2 Dusting the furniture is Cüneyt’s task.
(T) 3 İsmail and Dorothy are responsible for doing the laundry.
(F) 4 Rita cleans up the bathroom, but Dorothy doesn’t.
(T) 5 Mopping the floor is both Cüneyt's and İsmail’s duties.
3- Put the sentences into the correct order.
(4) a. He is good at grilling a steak.
(1) b. Generally cooking is mothers’ responsibility. Is this the same in your family?
(5) c. What other chores does your father help in your house?
(2) d. Not exactly. My father cooks delicious meals.
(3) e. Really? Which meal does he cook the best?
(6) f. He also irons the clothes.
4- Look at the pictures. Solve the puzzle.
1 cook the meals
2 cwash the dishes
3 mop the floor
4 do the laundry
5 water the plant
6 iron the clothes
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 104 Cevapları
Find the chores and match them with the pictures. (There are two extra pictures.)
1- iron 2- wacuum the floor 3- cook the meals 4- hang out the laundry 5- et the table 6- water the plants 7- mop 8- take out the garbage 9- feed the dog 10- load the dishwasher 11- make the bed 12- dust the shelves 13- was the dishes 14- do shopping
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 105 Cevapları
Listen to the recording and complete the dialogue with a word or phrase. Then, act it out.
1- having responsibilities 2- cleans 3- loads 4- hangs up 5- set
Match the pictures with the speech bubbles. (There are two extra pictures.)
() 1. I’m responsible for taking my dog, Maylo, for a walk.
(a) 2. Watering the plants is my task.
(h) 3. I’m responsible for dusting the shelves.
(i) 4. Hanging out the clothes is my responsibility.
(f) 5. Cleaning the windows is my duty.
(d) 6. I’m responsible for taking out the garbage.
(c) 7. I’m responsible for doing the grocery shopping once a week.
(b) 8. My task is washing the car every weekend.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 106 Cevapları
Match the questions with the correct answers. (There is an extra question.)
1. Which task do you find enjoyable? c. I have fun when I take my dog for a walk.
2. Who waters the plants regularly in your family? f. My brother likes playing with water. Also, he has a special
interest in plants.
3. Whose responsibility is doing shopping? e. It’s my mother’s responsibility.
4. What are your duties?
5. Does your sister have any obligations? b. Yes. Aslı is 6 years old. But she sets the table and
tidies her toys.
6. What are the schoolchores you have ? a. My teacher wants us to do our homework and give our projects on time.
7. Generally cooking is mothers’ responsibility. Is this the same in your family? d. Not exactly. My father is a chef. He really cooks delicious meals.
Put the words/ phrases into the correct order.
1. my dog / I / for a walk / take / every morning / . I take my dog for a walk every morning.
2. vacuuming / My mother/ responsible for / the floor / is / . My mother is responsible for vacuuming the floor.
3. the books / Our school library / us / wants / on time / to return / . Our school library wants us to return the books on time.
4. always / shopping / My father / does / . My father always does the shopping
5. is / the clothes / duty / hanging out / My brother's / . My brother's duty is hanging out the clothes.
6. responsibility / is / your / What / at home / ? What is your responsibility at home?
7. waters / My little sister / every weekend / the plants / . My little sister waters the plants every weekend.