8. Sınıf Meb İngilizce 10. Ünite Natural Forces Cevapları
8. Sınıf Meb Yayınları İngilizce Ders Kitabı 10. Natural Forces Sayfa 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130 Soruları ve Cevaplarını yazımızın devamından okuyabilirsiniz.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 120 Cevapları
Tick (✔) the natural forces occuring in your country. Share them with your classmates.
(✔) Earthquake, Landslide
Listen to the recording. Write the numbers of the natural forces in each pin on the map.
1- Ethiopia 2- Florida, the USA 3- Turkey 4- Japan 5- Pakistan 6- Italy
What are your predictions about natural forces and disasters? Support your predictions by giving reasons and results.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 121 Cevapları
Answer the following questions
1 What is global warming? A commen problem of the world.
2 What are the reasons of it? Air pollition heat-tramping gasses.
3 What are the results of it? Melting glaciers rising sea levels.
Read the blog. What are the effects of global warming on animals?
Read the blog again. Tick ( ) the sentences True or False.
(F) 1 The planet is cooling down.
(T) 2 Glaciers are melting.
(T) 3 Some animals are becoming extinct.
(F) 4 Animals have caused global warming.
(F) 5 The Earth’s climate is the same as in the past.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 122 Cevapları
Study the sentences in the box. Work in pairs. Add one more sentence in it.
Making Predictions about Future (Giving Reasons and Results) - I believe forest will become extinct because we cut down too much trees.
Work in pairs. Read the dialogue. Find a topic and make a dialogue about natural forces and disasters. Share your reasons and results to support your predictions.
Write a short paragraph about natural forces and disasters by giving reasons and results. Follow the tips.
Is landslide. People cutting down trees and don't plant new ones so that causes the soil to slide and to harm.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 123 Cevapları
Look at the natural forces. Put them in an order due to their destructive effects according to you from 1 (min) to 6 (max).
(3) Avalanche (2) Drought (6) Earthquake (1) Flood (4) Tornado (5) Tsunami
Listen to the breaking news. Correct the sentences.
1 Today a heavily rain in Artvin caused a destructive avalanche. Today a heavily rain in Artvin caused a destructive FLOOD.
2 People are looking for a boy. RESCUERS are looking for a boy.
3 The injured are in their houses. The injured are in the HOSPITAL.
4 Survivors were bored and frightened. Survivos were SHOCKED and firightened.
5 Workers of municipality stop their rescue efforts. Workers of municipality CONTINUE their rescue efforts.
What are the main reasons of destructive floods? How do you think they will affect the future of the Earth? Express your predictions about the future of the Earth.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 124 Cevapları
Match the verbs with their definitions.
1 produce --> (d) to create something
2 destroy --> (c) to damage something badly
3 pollute --> (e) to add dirty or harmful substances to land, air, water etc.
4 increase --> (a) to become greater in amount, number or value etc.
5 cause --> (b) to make something happen
6 run out --> (f) to finish a supply of something
Read the news report. Why do we have to save the nature?
Read the news report again. Answer the following questions.
1 Why does the nature die out? People use resources irresponsibly.
2 How do people destroy the nature? They cut down the trees pollute the environment etc.
3 What happens if people destroy forest? The rate of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere will be higher than normal.
4 What is the result of high carbon dioxide rate? Increase in the temperature.
5 What should people do to save the nature? Save resources and use recyclable products.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 125 Cevapları
How eco-friendly are you? Tick ( ) the questionnaire.
1 recycle trash? --> Sometimes (B)
2 switch off the lights when you leave your room? --> Always (A)
3 eat organic food? --> Sometimes (B)
4 use rechargeable batteries? --> Never (C)
5 drink bottled water? --> Sometimes (B)
6 use energy saving light lamps? --> Always (A)
7 turn off the water while you're brushing your teeth? --> Always (A)
8 use renewable energy? --> Sometimes (B)
9 use bicycle? --> Sometimes (B)
10 use both sides of a sheet of paper? --> Always (A)
11 use paper bags? --> Always (A)
12 plant trees? --> Sometimes (B)
Share the results in the classroom.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 126 Cevapları
Keep expanding your visual dictionary by including new vocabulary items from this unit. Complete and display it.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 127 Cevapları
1- Match the words/ phrases with the pictures. (There are two extra words.)
(1) paper bag (2) bottled water (3) organic food (4) rubbish (5) deforestation (6) rechargeable batteries
2- Put the letters into the correct order and complete the sentences.
1 A powerful hurricane (ranhriecu) is approaching to the coast of Florida.
2 Man made drought (gtohdur) is threatening the future of the World.
3 Tsunami (santimu) waves hit the Japan in 2011.
4 A destructive avelanche (vancaleha) destroy some Alpine villages.
5 An active volcano (nacvolo) may erupt at any time.
3- Read the report. Tick (✔) the predictions about the future
a. There won’t be natural disasters in the future.
(✔) b. The agricultural lands will get narrow.
(✔) c. Agricultural products will be less.
d. There will be more forests.
(✔) e. The balance of the ecosystem will get worse.
4- Read the text. Complete the table.
Disaster (s) : earthquake, tsunami
Country : Japan
Date : March 11, 2011
Local time : 2.46 p.m.
Magnitude : six miles
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 128 Cevapları
Solve the puzzle
volcano - melt - tsunami - flood
earthquake - disaster - avelanche
tornado - hurricane - drought
landslide - suffer - survivor
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 129 Cevapları
Match the questions with their answers. (There is one extra question.)
1. Do you think there will be a water shortage? c. Yes. Because we waste water irresponsibly.
2. Why don’t we prepare an earthquake emergency kit? b. That’s a great idea. Let’s do it.
3. Do your parents have a plan for an earthquake? Yes they do.
4. How do people destroythe nature? e. By cutting down the trees and polluting the environment.
5. What do you mean? a. I mean it causes drought
6. What can we do to slow down global warming? d. We should reduce heat-trapping gases.
Listen to the recording and complete the sentences with a word or phrase.
1. Glaciers are melting because of global warming.
2. Don’t throw plastics away; recyle them.
3. Most of the African countries suffer from food shortage.
4. In my opinion, there will be a water shortage in the future.
5. We should slow down global warming for the next generations.
Put the words/ phrases into the correct order.
1. We / down / shouldn’t / cut / trees / . We shouldn’t cut down trees.
2. when / leave / turn off / You / the lights / should / your room / you / . You should turn off the lights when leave you your room
3. should / We / water / wasting / stop / . We should stop wasting water.
4. do / often / How / you / trees / plant / ? How often dou yoı plant trees?
5. plastics / throw / Don’t / away / into the nature / . Don’t throw away plastics into the nature.
8. Sınıf İngilizce 8. Ünite Sayfa 130 Cevapları
Read the brochure. Write a motto in the brochure.
Fill in the blanks according to the brochure.
1. The source of the data is NASA.
2. It is the worst drought of past nice canturies.
3. The drought began in 1998.
4. The drought includes Turkey.
5. There is a difference between naturel drought and man-made drought